Port-bebox archive

Re: booting with floppy

Kazuki Sakamoto wrote:

> Sorry for confusion...
>
> sys/arch/bebox/stand/boot(in -current) with CONS_BE supports Millennuim I/II.
> But, binary snapshot (bootimage and kernel) is not available now.
> Method to compile is described in sys/arch/bebox/stand/README.

Over the weekend I installed the cross-compiler (i386 -> bebox) and
compiled new boot images (serial console and frame buffer) and userland
of the NetBSD 1.5 release.
This worked pretty good, only bin/ksh and gnu/usr.bin/egcs/f771 were not
compiled due to errors.

When I boot from the floppy disk with the newly created boot image
I get the following on the serial console:

  >> NetBSD/bebox BOOT, Revision 1.3
  >> (root@obelix, Mon Jan 22 00:59:02 CET 2001)
  >> Memory: 65536 k

  Boot: Loading in()
  1580436+1528 [94+85072+71240]=0x1a88e8
  start=0x3100

  panic: uvm_setpagesize: page size not a power of two
  Stopped in iaslotcf_locnames at   0x12ade8:     lwz r0, r1, 0x14,
  db>

I can type 'trace' but I see no stack trace and then the system does
not respond anymore.
With the frame buffer console, I see the banner and the message
'Boot: Loading 1580436+1528 [94+' but then the screen goes blank and
nothing else happens. On the other hand it's nice to see, the Matrox
card can be used for the console at all.

But why would the page size not be a power of two? I hope, this
is not a bug of the cross compiler...

ciao
     Klaus