Subject: Re: SCSI driver
To: None <mirian@xensei.com>
From: Kazuki Sakamoto <sakamoto@cec.co.jp>
List: port-bebox
Date: 10/12/1998 12:16:36
In <m390io2jnf.fsf@gallifrey.cosmic.com>,
mirian@xensei.com wrote:

 > I'm interested in helping out on the BeBox port of NetBSD. In

Great!

 > particular, I'm curious as to the current state of the SCSI 53C810
 > driver.  The BeBox I have only has a SCSI disk, so this driver is of
 > crucial importance to me.

I'm testing ncr.c of OpenBSD at NetBSD/bebox.
There are some problems. First, endian.
Second, the address of main memory which saw from PCI master.

PCI/ISA view         +------------+ 0x00000000
		     | PCI/ISA    |
		     |  memory(2G)|
		     +------------+ 0x80000000
	      =====> | main       |

 > If the 53C810 driver isn't in a usable condition yet, is there a way
 > to cross-compile a NetBSD kernel from Linux?

Maybe.

I am using the following package with NetBSD/i386 for NetBSD/bebox.
ftp://www.cec.co.jp/usr/sakamoto/NetBSD/experiment/cross-netbsd.tgz
	NetBSD-current source tree + binutils-2.9.1

Kazuki Sakamoto
sakamoto@netbsd.org
sakamoto@cec.co.jp