Re: install image overflow

On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 02:08:50PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> Then I have no idea for now. I have less spare time for poor ports recently.

No, I did not make myself clear enough, sorry for the confusion.

> I wish no one will claim "build or die" strategy even before 7.0 is out.

Certainly not!

What I was trying to say is: this is the typical fallout that should trigger
such investigations, and you can not expect them to happen upfront.

I have two ideas I will investigate short-term:

 - make many of the recent sysinst enhancements optional and ifdef them out
   for install media where this makes sense (but leave them in for the
   installed version). I guess this will give both atari and zaurus some
   space back.

 - check if there is some easy way to get rid of most of the strings
   embedded in crunched binaries (like MKREPRO=yes does for the whole build,
   but forced only for the install media crunching)

Martin