Re: Aranym

> Oh, NetBSD/atari kernel starts on Aranym? Great to hear.
> It would be better to post an instruction how to boot NetBSD/atari
> kernel on Aranym so that I can debug it myself :-)
Well, maybe term 'booting' isn't appropriate, it loads, that's it. So
it's quite trivial, download / compile Aranym (aranym.org) with
--enable-fullmmu and then you just need some backend for running .ttp
for loading the netbsd kernel, you can use AFROS (boots right away
into desktop with mapped host filesystem), available from aranym.org,
or easymint (easymint.atari.org) with unix tools, gcc etc... I think
you will prefer the former option as FreeMiNT's kernel is no interest
to you ;) If you need some assistance, feel free to ask.

> BTW, which NetBSD version did you try?
> 4.0 might have a problem around delay() function and will hang
> after keyboard attach.
I used (especially for this reason) latest snapshot (daily build from
23.5., IIRC)

> Yes, 5.0 and later (including 5.1_RC1) should just work on Falcon
> even with CT60/63. It was fixed and confirmed by Tuomo Makinen.
I can't want to be at home! :)

> We've had significant progress in last two years. See
> http://www.NetBSD.org/ports/atari/
> fo details.
Oh yes, this was the motivation factor for me, you know, it's not much
fun to try it on plain TT030 without any network card etc.. In case of
Falcon060 with Ethernec (I'm seriously thinking about adding EtherNAT
support in case I'd like netbsd ;) this is something different.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org