To: <dross%pobox.com@localhost>
Cc: <port-atari%NetBSD.org@localhost>; <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 2:15 AM
Subject: Re: bootloader cleanup

David Ross wrote:

This boot.atari is 6,716 bytes whereas the one on my system already is 7,524
bytes.  Maybe this one is intended for IDE disks? If there are different
versions, I would need the SCSI one.

No, boot.atari is common among sd and wd.

The difference of them (BIOS setup?) seems handled by
the primary sdboot and wdboot, but they don't use
stand alone libraries so there is no binary change on them.

The newer boot.atari is smaller because the previous MD libsa
uses m68k optimized (and a bit larger) asm string functions
(memcpy, strlen etc.) in src/common/lib/libc/arch/m68k/string
and MI libsa uses simple and size-optimized C versions in
src/common/lib/libc/string, I guess.

---
Izumi Tsutsui