To: "David Brownlee" <abs%absd.org@localhost>
Cc: "David Brownlee" <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>; <dross%pobox.com@localhost>; <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>; <port-atari%netbsd.org@localhost>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: pushing netbsd-5 (Was: bootloader)

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 7:59 PM, David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> wrote:
>        All of the other ports call the kernels in binary/kernel
>        'netbsd-*.gz' so it would be nice to be consistent.
>        I suppose a cheap way to help it would be to rename them
>        so they truncate to unique names, say:
>
>                BOOTX           -> XBOOT
>                MILAN-PCIIDE    -> MILAN
>                MILAN->ISAIDE   -> ISAIDE-MILAN
>
>        Not ideal, but a little better.

Yes, they're truncated just like that, so we need some unique names.

Does anyone have any objections to the renaming given above?

It's shame that naming breaks consistency, but otherwise there's no way to
install kernel during installation from Gemdos partition.

Anyway I think that suggested renaming is Ok.

-Tuomo