Re: bootloader issue

> ..does not fix the super block issue.  fsck_ffs complains about the same
> issue but doesn't repair it.  Not sure how to correct this.  The -b option
> looks intriguing but I'm not sure what block number I would need to supply:

You should be able to run "newfs -N" on the file system.  That should
print out the fs metadata without really doing anything to the disk.
Note that usually block #32 is the first alternate superblock.

Regards -- Volker
Volker A. Brandt                  Consulting and Support for Sun Solaris
Am Wiesenpfad 6, 53340 Meckenheim                     Email:
vab%bb-c.de@localhost
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Bonn, HRB 10513              Schuhgröße: 45
Geschäftsführer: Rainer J. H. Brandt und Volker A. Brandt