Cc: <port-atari%netbsd.org@localhost>
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2009 5:17 PM
Subject: Re: bootloader issue

That problem was the one that David's fix covered. The fix was tested to the point that we knew it unblocked the install, but we never got to the point where we could test the actual bootloader until now.

With regard to loadbsd -- what's the full command line you're using? According to docs Frank Lukas sent me, the -a option just loads to multi-user mode. I haven't tried it yet, but I assume you'll need to somehow specify that the root filesystem should be loaded from the hard drive.

The loadbsd method sounds like a good workaround, but it would be great if we can get to a point where it's possible to boot NetBSD directly off of the HD.

David Ross
dross%pobox.com@localhost

----- Original Message ----- From: "T. Makinen" <tjamaloo%gmail.com@localhost> To: "Izumi Tsutsui" <tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost>; "David Ross" <dross%pobox.com@localhost>