Re: Current kernel with http://gnats.netbsd.org/39965 and pmap patches

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Izumi Tsutsui
<tsutsui%ceres.dti.ne.jp@localhost> wrote:
> tjamaloo%gmail.com@localhost wrote:
>
>> I tried installation two times with ATAC_CAP_NOIRQ enabled
>> atari/dev/wdc_mb.c:
>> at first time kernel panicked with ATA based error when installer was
>> extracting xfonts.tgz and second time it happened in base.tgz... So it seems
>> that panic can happen sooner or later if ATAC_CAP_NOIRQ is used...
>
> What version (date) of source tree did you try?

It seems that I updated my cvs tree at December 6.

> I guess these problems (interupt, ATA panic, and pmap problem)
> are independent.

I added ATAC_CAP_NOIRQ for sc->sc_wdcdev.sc_atac.atac_cap in atari/dev/wdc_mb.c
(workaround for ATA polling issues), because mounting of ATA device complained
about lost interrupts.

Here's screenshot of the problem:
http://koti.welho.com/tmakinen/atari/mount.jpg

-Tuomo