To: "David Brownlee" <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>
Cc: <port-atari%netbsd.org@localhost>
Sent: Sunday, October 26, 2008 3:17 PM
Subject: Re: scsi freezing problem with NetBSD current

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 5:06 PM, David Brownlee <abs%netbsd.org@localhost>
wrote:

       Nice catch.

       It looks like very few drivers (5 including atari/dev/ncr5380.c)
       set XS_STS_DONE now and its quite possible some of the
       others are abusing the interface too.

       Could you build a bootable current image and see if other
       users on the list could confirm it fixes it for them also?

Yes, here is link to current kernel compiled with patched ncr5380.c:
http://koti.welho.com/tmakinen/atari/netbsd-current-atari-BOOT-20081026.gz

       Hmm, one thought is there could be DMA issues with TT-ram. I'm not
       familiar with the atari pmap, but if so this should be fixable by
       tagging the TT-ram differently and forcing the memory provided for
       to come from the other set.

Yes it seems to be DMA issue. ncr5380 driver sets DRIVER_BOUNCING for Falcon
if TT-ram is used for DMA and final result for some reason is wrong drive
size. If I bypass memory region check in atari5380.c, drive reports correct capacity and other related information, but netbsd does not continue to boot system from that drive. Actually even if I boot netbsd with TT-ram disabled, netbsd finds ffs file system from drive but usually it does not continue to
boot system.

No problems if I bypass CT63 accelerator (no 68060 and TT-ram).

If I compile netbsd with REAL_DMA undefined, there's no problems with
CT63 & TT-ram.

Information about CT63 accelerator:
http://www.czuba-tech.com/CT60/english/overview63.htm

-Tuomo