Subject: Question about scsi_select() in atari/mac68k ncr5380.c
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
List: port-atari
Date: 12/07/2004 11:32:17
--Apple-Mail-20--413313597

The scsi_select() function contains the following block of code:

                 /*
                  * Try to disconnect from the target.  We cannot leave
                  * it just hanging here.
                  */
                 if (!reach_msg_out(sc, sizeof(struct scsi_generic))) {
                         u_long  len   = 1;
                         u_char  phase = PH_MSGOUT;
                         u_char  msg   = MSG_ABORT;

                         transfer_pio(&phase, &msg, &len, 0);
                 }
                 else scsi_reset_verbose(sc, "Connected to unidentified
target");

What is the significance of using the size of a "generic SCSI commmand"
here?  Is the intent really to absorb up to exactly 12 bytes?

I am planning on making some changes to the SCSI code, and want to make
sure I don't break this driver.

         -- Jason R. Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>

--Apple-Mail-20--413313597
	name=PGP.sig