Subject: Re: Hades and Nbsd 161, continued
To: Olivier VANONI <ovanoni@icor.fr>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 12/08/2003 22:09:40
On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 09:47:38PM +0100, Olivier VANONI wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> What I do now :
> I boot the Hades on a floppy with HDDriver to recognize the HD.

HDDriver is not necessary here. I just started with an empty HD and the
hades-boot.fs and the sysinst.fs floppies. That was all I needed.

> I inster my Hades floppy with the LOADBSD.TTP and the NETBSD files.
> I launch LOADBSD -Db netbsd
> The HW checking runs fine and detects all the devices, including
> the 68060
> When prompted to select the root device, I insert the SYSINST floppy
> and I type md2, then let the dump dev as md2b and the filesystem as generic.
> -The SysInst floppy loads.
> -I select the FR keyboard
> -I select to install on a HD
> -Continue ? Yes
> -WD0 only detected, I select Yes
> -AHDI Compatible ? I select No, this is a dedicated disk
> -I select the system Standard with X
> -Selected filesystem : I let the default :
>             /
>            swap
>            usr
> -Partitioning : I let the default again :
>    a     20      4.2      /
>    b     373     swap
>    c     3077    unused
>    d     2684    4.2      /
>  and select Partitions are OK
> -Enter disk name : I let 'mydisk'
>
> Then the system stops with the message : sysinst terminated
> and I have a '#' prompt.
> Then I just have to enter 'reboot'.

At this point, I see the creation of the filesystems... I entered exactly the
same data as you did above. My disk size was slightly different, but that was
all (4110 blocks total). I had hoped to be able to reproduce it :-(
There is no further message except 'sysinst terminated' ?
If you type ^D at the prompt, you'll should be able to start from the
beginning. Does this work better/different? Did you see errors while reading
the sysinst floppy perhaps?

Leo.