Subject: Re: NetBsd on Hades 60
To: Olivier VANONI <ovanoni@icor.fr>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 12/03/2002 07:25:46
On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 10:01:10PM -0200, Olivier VANONI wrote:
> I made one floppy using 'rawwrite -Hw hades' and copied loadbsd.ttp to
> a folder on the HD I will use for NetBsd. This folder also contains
> netbsd. When I launch 'loadbsd -Db netbsd' from the HD, the kernel boots
> fine.

OK! First part done ;-)

> But what should I answer to root ? When I read the documentation, it seems
> that I should have two flopies. Is that right ?

No. On the Hades you have one HD floppy. On the Falcon/TT you have 2 DD
floppies. For an HD floppy, the root device here is 'md1'.

What I'd like to check is how you created the floppy. The input file that
you mentioned above ('hades'), should be an uncompressed version of the file
 '.../installation/miniroot/sysinst.fs.gz' (Assuming you are installing 1.6).

> HD is removed. It is partitioned in 4x250 Mo and I launch the kernel from
> C:

That should be allright.

Leo.