Subject: Re: Can't boot Milan kernels
To: Clement BENRABAH <Clement.Benrabah@wanadoo.fr>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/10/2002 21:35:53
On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 06:16:22PM +0200, Clement BENRABAH wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:54:35 , Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl> wrote:
> >
> > Beware that both Milan kernels are ELF kernels. This means that you need an ELF
> > capable bootloader. You can get such a bootloader from ftp.netbsd.org:
> >   /pub/NetBSD/arch/atari/snapshot/20010922/installation/misc/loadbsd.ttp.gz
> >

> Ok, i've succeeded in booting the kernel but the installation is blocked
> when searching disks. There is nothing after "Available disks are:".
>
> I have a 20 GB Western Digital IDE drive.
>
> Can i use the binary sets of the 1.15.3 release ?

For the Milan, I would advise you to use the 1.6 stuff. Checkout:
  releng.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD-daily/200209080000/atari

The Milan kernels here are newer than the kernels from the snapshot area
and this is importantant since the Milan is still experimental! While there,
I would advice sysinst.fs in favor of miniroot.fs.

The second IDE channel is inoperative in all Milan kernels, since it will not
generate interrupts. This is a bootblock bug.

Leo.