Subject: Re: Boot stopped on Falcon
To: Clement BENRABAH <Clement.Benrabah@wanadoo.fr>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/09/2002 21:39:06
On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 06:48:50PM +0200, Clement BENRABAH wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install NetBSD 1.5.3 on a Falcon with 14MB of RAM.
>
> Once "loadbsd.ttp -b netbsd" executed, the hardware is correctly detected.
>
> When asked for root device, i enter "md1a", i type "none" for dump device
> (what does it mean ?) and i press Enter to valid the generic file system.

You probably should pick the 'default' answer to the dump device question,
ie. hit <enter>. I think the kernel won't work without a swap device, though
I'm not sure.

> After loading the tracks, the system prints "root file system type: ffs"
> and nothing else happens (no drive or floppy activity).

It should come with a keyboard language selection. There is no floppy activity
after this point. After a few seconds, the floppy light should turn off.

Leo.