Subject: Re: Different os
To: Jens Syckor <js712688@mail.inf.tu-dresden.de>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 04/22/2002 22:33:33
On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 09:53:38AM +0200, Jens Syckor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> thank You for Your help, i have put miniroot.fs on two 720k disks.
>
> I want to install netbsd on my falcon, where mint and gem partitions
> are coexists. Is it possible to install netbsd with this two os?

Yes, not really a problem. Choose an AHDI compatible partitioning sceme.
For a first time install, make a AHDI partition for each NetBSD partition:
root, usr, swap and maybe a spare to put other stuff in. Mark these partitions
to be of type NBD and SWP. You can do this from within NetBSD with ahdilabel
or using HDdriver. Now install NetBSD on these partitions. You can even
install a boot block. Through the '.t' option in the booter, you can boot
into TOS/GEM.

Leo.