Subject: Re: Installation of NetBsd on an Hades
To: Olivier VANONI <ovanoni@icor.fr>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 08/20/2001 22:03:47
On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 08:49:58PM +0200, Olivier VANONI wrote:
> Hello.
> I meet some problems when trying to install NetBsd 1.4 on my Hades 60.
 [ Note that we are at version 1.5.1 currently... ]

> I have made the boot disk with rawrite.exe and the hades-boot.fs file
> ( it doesn't work on the Hades so I did it on a PC ). I also have expanded
> the hades.gz file. So I think I have all that is necessary to begin.
> The "miniroot.fs" file is also ready to work ( I suppose, I can't test
> the floppy ).
>
> But my first problem is that the "boot disk", on a 1.4M floppy, doesn't
> boot, even if the hard drive is not bootable ( Hddriver uninstalled ).

Let's just start at the beginning: If you open the boot floppy on the GEM
desktop, does it contain files? At least there should be a LOADBSD.TTP
and a NETBSD file on the floppy. If this is not the case, the creation
of the floppy failed...
If this floppy is OK, and you created the miniroot floppy the same way,
chances are good that this one is also OK.

Now startup LOADBSD.TTP with arguments '-wb netbsd'. Now either the kernel
boots, or you are watching a bunch of error messages. If the latter is
true, please report them accurately so we can figure out what's wrong.
If the kernel boots, exchange the boot-fs floppy with the miniroot floppy
and enter 'md1' as the boot device.

Well, lets see where you get with this...

Leo.