Subject: Re: some problems on Atari platform
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 07/13/2001 00:15:22
On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 10:11:09PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 09:40:10PM +0200, OLIVIER VANONI wrote:

> > I can't make the floppies with the rawwrite.ttp program.
> > If I launch Rawwrite.ttp with the parameters on the command line as
> > indicated in the install.txt file, I have a short blank screen then back
> > to the desktop.
> > I tried many command lines like "rawwrite -H hades_bo.fs", or "-H hades_bo.fs"

Try 'rawwrite -Hw hades_bo.fs". The 'w' makes the program wait for a keypress
before exiting, thus giving you a chance to read the (error?) messages.

You did unzip the images before passing them to rawwrite, right?

> > I made the floppies by using the .exe files on a Win95 PC :(, but without
> > any better result. And nothing appears when I try to read the floppies.

The hades-boot.fs.gz floppy should produce a dos compatible floppy. The
miniroot floppy is unreadable for TOS since it contains an ffs filesystem.

> > Can you give me help about these problems or an email more adapted for
> > the Atari users ?
>
> You may want to try 'port-atari@netbsd.org'

[ Thanks for redirecting Manuel ;-) ]

Leo.