Subject: Re: realtek 8012 based parallel port lan adapter
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.demon.co.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/19/2001 09:48:39
> I came to the following scheme :
> - add a new bus type, cartridge or whatever name to isolate the magic of
>   i/o operations & interrupt handling on the cartridge port.
>   cartridgeO on mainbus0
> - port the lan interface driver on cartridge bus using its i/o
>   primitives.
>   rdp0 on cartridge0
>
> Does this look correct or plain stupid ?

This looks fine to me.  The only doubt I have is - does the cartridge port
generate interrupts?  I seem to recall that the TOS version (for the D-link)
polled unless you connected a wire to the parallel port interrupt pin.
However, a polling driver should be possible - there are other polling
drivers in the tree.

                    My other computer also runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/