Subject: Re: installing Netbsd
To: Olivier Liess <olivier.liess@oreka.com>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 02/19/2001 12:41:41
On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 08:59:52AM +0100, Olivier Liess wrote:
> Hi,
> the sequel:
>
> > Can you be a bit more clear about what you actually did? Did you actually
> > complete the entire installation procedure (label/partition/install sets/
> > select timezone/reboot after halt). Were there some errors during install?
>
> Nop, the only things I could do was label/partition. Then, when the prog
> tried to install the sets, it prompted that the root partition was mounted
> only in read-only access.

The problem seems to be in the partitioning & newfs part of the installation
procedure. Did you see the filesystems being made and mounted?
Can you post:
  - the output of ahdilabel (Only if there is AHDI partitioning on the disk,
      it is also possible to use 100% NetBSD as Dave pointed out).
  - the output of edlabel

The easiest way to get these is:
  - type ^Z (control-Z) after you did finish edlabel.
  - type 'mount -t msdos -o -G /dev/wd0d /mnt'
          This mounts the first GEM partition on wd0 - probably c: ,
          to mount a hd floppy would probably be:
            'mount -t msdos /dev/rfd0c /mnt'
  - type 'ahdilabel /dev/rwd1c > /mnt/ahdilabel.out', type 'q<return>'
  - type 'edlabel /dev/rwd1c > /mnt/edlabel.out', type 'p<return>q<return>'
  - type 'umount /mnt'

This is all from memory, so I hope it is 100% correct ;-)

Leo.