Subject: -current problems
To: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.demon.co.uk>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 01/30/2001 21:59:22
[ changed subject, so I could be on tipic ;-)) ]

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 06:39:22PM +0000, Julian Coleman wrote:

> > Just curious... what errors?
>
> I started to compile a GENERIC kernel from the relase branch sources.  There
> does seem to be something a little odd.  First, the GENERIC config file is
> missing an entry :
>
>   grfbus0	at mainbus0		# bitmapped display's

Mmm, that might be my fault. I'm not sure if it makes sense to put in
GENERIC either since the Milan probably won't have a bitmapped display
driver.... The machines supported by the atari-port are divers enough
to warrant 3 different types of 'generic' config files I think:
      Falcon+TT030    -> AUTHENTIC?
      Hades           -> HADES
      Milan           -> MILAN

Maybe I can sort of generate them like the amiga-port does... Also std.atari
becomes more and more empty since I started to do some Milan work. The Milan
is so much different to the genuine (another nice name ;-) atari hardware...
It is more a peecee with a 68040 inside.

> and then, I get an error compiling dev/zs.c, as it refers to the t_line
> member of tp (a struct tty).  It looks like revision 1.32 of dev/zs.c
> fixes this (just starting to recompile now).  I guess this and the config
> file fix need to be pulled up to the branch.

I am still getting an error on the latest zs.c; line 709 is still wrong....
I also have compile problems on ite.c (various, also due to tty stuff),
atari_init.c (vm-constants). I just fixed the compile errors locally, but
the resulting 1.5R kernel does not boot :-(
Screen does not even blank, so it happens real early... Sh*t!

Leo.