Subject: NetBSD testing on the Milan040
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: Fred Horvat <fmh@netzero.net>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/22/2000 20:17:04
Hello,

I just though of a possible way to get NetBSD running on the Milan040
without having the proper S3 Video driver written yet.  This way until the
video driver is written the kernal and other applications can be tested.
The default video mode on the Milan without a video driver is ST High or
640x400 B/W.  I have never installed/used NetBSD yet.  I'm not a Unix person
yet either.  But during the installation of NetBSD can you force the video
mode to ST High?

I just installed an old version of Whiteline Linux this week so at least now
I can mess around and learn my way around Debain Linux until I feel ready to
try NetBSD on my Milan040.