Subject: Re: Medusa T40
To: None <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-atari
Date: 08/26/2000 15:24:07
>Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 21:14:50 +0200
>From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
>
>On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 04:08:30PM -0400, maximum entropy wrote:
>> >Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 21:46:56 +0200
>> >From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>

>> >No, it currently does not. I need a volunteer with a Medusa T40 to accomplish
>> >this ;-) Currently, the falcon, hades (40+60) and tt030 are supported and
>> >I have a Milan I board lying around now that I like to try.
>>
>> I have a Medusa T40.  Are you looking for a volunteer who can actively
>> develop, or just to test things you develop?  I'm afraid a port to a
>> mostly-unsupported system I know little about would be far beyond my
>> abilities...
>
>I am looking for an active developer. Besides the fact that developing for
>a machine you can't directly test your stuff on is a tedious effort, there
>is currently far too much on my plate to take extra things.
>The big problem with the atari port currently is that there are too few
>actual developers. I do basically all kernel stuff on my own. Julian helps
>out with some other stuff every now and then (see ahdilabel), Thomas takes
>care of the X11 stuff mostly. Dave is helping me out on building the release
>(and hopefully some following snapshots). And this is the core of port-atari
>currently... I am trying to write down my list of 'current' projects and
>some other stuff I like to happen. See if there are takers for some of
>them.
>
>Uhm, I see my reply is a bit 'ranting', sorry. It is definitely not
>personal, it's my own frustration ;-)

No problem.  As you know, I have contributed some small things to
NetBSD/atari in the past.  I just don't want to volunteer for a
project that I know is outside the scope of my abilities.  Now that I
know what's expected, I'll have to decline to volunteer myself for
this :-)

If anyone with the necessary skills is interested in adding support
for this machine, but doesn't have the hardware, send me some mail and
maybe we can work something out.