Subject: 1.5ALPHA snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/30/2000 21:00:57
I have uploaded an 1.5ALPHA snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org. Checkout the
directory:
	/pub/NetBSD/arch/atari/snapshot/1.5ALPHA

It is not a fullblown snapshot (no X, no miniroot, no docs etc.). Only the
standard binary sets and the BOOT, BOOTX and HADES kernels.

Installing everything is something for 'those who dare' at the moment. But
please feel free ;-) However, trying out the kernels is 1) easy and
2) important. Since the developers don't have access to all hardware and
since each configuration is always slightly different, having those kernels
tested on as much setups as possible requires your help.
All uploaded kernels are backwards compatible, they will run 1.4.x programs
without problems. Only programs tied very close to the kernel data structures
(ps/systat/savecore etc.) will fail. Annoying, but non-fatal. Just in case,
make sure you backup your data before experimenting (an open door really ;-)
If you notice anything weird: _please_ complain!

Special offer: If you have a special setup that is not covered in the uploaded
kernels and you don't want to download the source, send me your config-file.
The first 5 will get a compiled and zipped kernel back somewhere next week ;-)

Leo.