Subject: Re: Re: login on serial port
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: None <JLMeyrial@club-internet.fr>
List: port-atari
Date: 05/20/2000 14:12:22
On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 07:58:06PM +0200, Thomas Gerner wrote:
> On Sat, May 13, 2000 at 06:44:46PM +0000, JL Meyrial wrote:
> > I use NetBSD 1.4 on Atari Falcon.
> > I try to configure the serial port to run login.
> > The serial port is /dev/ttyA1 and I would like 1200 bds, even parity.
> > When I type:
> > cu -e -s 1200 -l dtyA1 "dir"
> > there is no problem, the direct connection is Ok.
> > But when I type on the console (ttye0):
> > /usr/libexec/getty minitel ttyA1
> > I have the login message on my console (ttye0) and nothing on the serial port.
> > I have the following entry in /etc/gettytab:
> > minitel|mini-1200:\
> > 	:ep:sp#1200:
> >
> > Is there anybody to help me? Thanks.
>
> Have you tried to add
> ttyA1 "/usr/libexec/getty minitel" vt100 on
> to your /etc/ttys and send init a hup signal (kill -1 1)?
>
> Thomas

Thanks, it seems to work but now, I have 2 problems:

1)- some displayed characters are corrupted on the ttyA1 (login display), it seems
that parity is wrong.
I have an entry in /etc/gettytab:
minitel|mini-1200:\
	:ep:sp#1200:
If I remove the ttyA1 entry in /dev/ttys and if I type:
stty 1200 parity -cstopb < /dev/ttyA1
ls > /dev/ttyA1
displayed characters on ttyA1 are not corrupted.

2)- I don't know why, but now cu doesn't work on dtyA1. I removed ttyA1 from
/etc/ttys. If I type:
cu -e -s 1200 -l dtyA1 "dir"
I have the error message:
cu: open (/dev/dtyA1):Permission denied