Subject: Re: X11 Support files
To: Mike Sienicki <mike@cpdist.com>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 03/28/2000 21:42:54
On Sun, Mar 26, 2000 at 02:27:47PM -0500, Mike Sienicki wrote:
> Dear NetBSD,
>
> Where can I find the X11 tar files for V1.4.2 Atari?  They are normally
> in with the atari/binary/sets.  Do I need to wait a while for them to
> be compiled?

*blush*
I must admit that I have completely overlooked the X11 tar-files :-( I will
ask Thomas Gerner if it is possible for him to build the xserver.tgz. He
usually puts up the X11-sets. If he is unable to do so, I will see if I can
build them myself, but that won;t happen before early next week.
You can upgrade using the available sets and delay the X-upgrade. All X stuff
from 1.4 or 1.4.1 should work just fine with 1.4.2. I think I am still
running the 1.4 X stuff with a userland from the latest snapshot and an 1.4W
kernel ;-)

PS: If anyone reading this is willing to build the Xserver tar, please say
so. No need to duplicate work ;-)

Leo.