Subject: Re: NetBSD on a Medusa
To: None <q-funk@pp.fishpool.fi>
From: maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com>
List: port-atari
Date: 02/19/2000 23:33:21
>Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 21:55:23 +0200
>From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Martin-=C9ric_Racine?= <q-funk@pp.fishpool.fi>
>
>On 2000-2-19, maximum entropy <entropy@zippy.bernstein.com> wrote:
>
>> If you're looking for a network card, I should point out that some
>> time ago I added driver code supporting the BVME410.  This card is
>> pretty expensive, but it is still produced and can be purchased new
>> (as opposed to Riebl, which requires luck to find one used).
>
>Isn't it based on the same Lance chipset as the Riebl?

The lance is the same, but pretty much everything else about the card
is different.

>Riebls are available through AG Computerteknik in Germany and
>Best Electronics in USA.  In either cases, they are still rather
>expansive.  AG is rumoured to have access to the Riebl's original
>schematics, also.

Hmm, I tried to locate one for several years in the US with no luck.
I don't see them on Best's web page, but they supposedly have a lot
more stuff in their printed catalog.  I've bought stuff from Best in
the past, but I'm unwilling to pay money for their catalog.  I don't
think it's good business.

--
entropy