Subject: Re: ATARITT
To: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
From: Jan-Hinrich Fessel <oskar@unna.ping.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/08/1999 19:01:16
--==_Exmh_685591228P

In message <19990908101348.51955@wau.mis.ah.nl>you write:
> Would you be willing test the 1.44MB detection when the info-digging turns
> up something useful? I have a 720KB drive, so that much I can test myself ;-)

Sure.

> [ problem loading kernels ]
> > > What is the exact message? What is your RAM configuration?
> >
> > Currently it is 2ST/8TT
>
> That should be enough... Mmmm, I see that the GENERIC kernel has the
> RELOC_KERNEL option active while ATARITT has not...
> Can you try 'loadbsd -Dtw GENERIC.v6'? This gives some debugging info
> but does _not_ start the kernel. This way, we can find out if the problem
> starts before or after the kernel starts running.

I really don't know how to boot from floppy when there is a a bootable
harddisk present.  The TOS harddrive is some long distance away and I have
used the whole disk for NetBSD.

Or can the disk bootloader be instructed to eihter boot tos from floppy or do
-Dtw?

Gruesse
       Oskar

--==_Exmh_685591228P

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.6.3i

iQCVAwUBN9aWW7A63tqjeAhZAQEoswP/ae/q3lXj2xW36Pl/K4Y35cdjss00wbQ8
oaxTeQApGreM5xGBAoOj7BEcCHc+n6jF8O8dhqY+SrJCre+bWsy1hnYfwH9B0uRz
OmeHnZU7ajIHl2AKJEAEQVvgv8VoLm36865Ls4gxPDPqz0rghZM/teCUmErNB2Ws
DZ0UbyPn8ZA=
=slbc
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

--==_Exmh_685591228P--