Subject: 1.4 Alpha kernels uploaded
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 04/08/1999 13:02:35
Hi,

As all of you probably know by now, we are trying to get the NetBSD version
1.4 on the road. The final release is planned somehwere mid may (this year ;-)
Currently we are in the alpha-test period. The beta-test period will start
on April 16th.

I haven't been able to produce the complete alpha binary set. Since we are
already halfway the alpha period, I am just punting on the alpha-sets. I
did however upload the alpha kernels see:
   ftp.netbsd.org://pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.4_ALPHA/atari/binary/kernel

and I would appreciate it if you were able to test them. You can run them
on both a 1.3I and the last snapshot (1.3K?). The only problem you will see
on 1.3I is that ps/systat/vmstat and friends will not work. So a quick
test (but very valuable!) would be just to boot with the new kernel and
see if it recognizes your video/disks/keyboard/cd/iomega etc...

Leo.