Subject: Re: Mac format?
To: Mike Sienicki <mike@cpdist.com>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 03/17/1999 22:45:42
On Tue 16 Mar 1999, Mike Sienicki wrote:
> Dear NetBSD,
>
> Hi there.  Is this a tall order or what?  Is it possible to mount a
> Macintosh formatted hard disk drive on NetBSD?  I know this is unusual and
> goofy to have to do this, but, I have done goofier things in my life.  8^)

On NetBSD/mac68k this shouldn't be a problem ;-))

Seriously, the problems are in the disklabeling. AFAIK, the mac68k port
uses an other disklabeling method. What you might consider is
   - make a quick hack in sys/arch/atari/disksubr.c that fakes up the
     exact disklabel for the disk you want to hook up...
   - create proper support for reading mac68k disklabels.

The last option has been discussed a few times on the various lists, but
I doubt if support for each others disklabels is worth the effort. I
don't think many people share disks between an atari and mac, amiga
sun3, vax etc. I might be wrong though...

Leo.