Subject: new snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 03/10/1999 21:40:22
Hi all!

Thanks to Julian Coleman, there is a new snapshot available! There have
been numerous updates in both the kernel & userland. Two things you
can miss are the new mailer and name-services changes (_read_ the README ;-)

There is almost certainly a problem with the miniroot on the snapshot
that cannot be solved easily. The miniroot from the previous snapshot
will work though an I will copy it into this snapshot tomorrow. While
on this issue, please remember that a new kernel with an old userland
will nearly always work (usually all backward compatibility options
are turned on!). The reverse will absolutely break!

There have been quite some updates on ite/atapi things. I fixed a few
bugs in the isa interrupt handler. I tried to fix et6000, but there are
still problems in that area :-( There were fixes regarding locking issues
in the filesystem code.... etc.

Also, since a new major release (1.4) is rumoured, I like to give a little
'heads up': If you think you have stuff that should be incorporated in a
next NetBSD/atari release please send it in!

Leo.

PS: The old snapshot will be removed within a week or so!