Subject: Re: Why?... Why not?
To: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 03/04/1999 12:40:41
On Thu 04 Mar 1999, Julian Coleman wrote:
> Mike Sienicki wrote:
> > Extract more sets? [n]
> > Copying fstab...done.
> > uid 0 on /: file system full
>
> Leo Weppelman wrote:
>
> > This seems to be the major point of failure... When this is an _install_,
> > I think you should make your root filesystem a bit bigger... If it is an
> > _upgrade_ make sure you have some slack space on your root-fs before
> > upgrading. (check for huge (core?) files on /).
>
> Erm.  If this is during the installation, isn't / the miniroot, not the /
> filesystem on the disk?  Not that I'm sure what it causing this ... after
> this message, you should see "Installing timezone link..." and there are
> no writes to the miniroot in the meantime.  Can you run df at this point
> (you might have to run /mnt/bin/df)?

Mmmm, you're right.... the piece of code that seems to generate the error is:
        cd /tmp
        for file in fstab ifconfig.* hosts myname mygate resolv.conf; do
                if [ -f $file ]; then
                        echo -n "Copying $file..."
                        cp $file /mnt/etc/$file
                        echo "done."
                fi
        done

When this loop fills up '/', I begin to wonder if something is mounted on
'/mnt'... (your new root-fs _should_ be mounted there!) So maybe running the
'mount' command without arguments, might add some valuable info too...

Leo.