Subject: NetBSD on my TT030
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: Fred Horvat <ap748@cleveland.Freenet.Edu>
List: port-atari
Date: 01/28/1999 14:20:33
	I am interested in using a Unix clone on my Atari TT030.
My hardware consists of a 4 Meg ST RAM/0 Meg TT RAM, TT030 with FPU,
with an IBM SCSI 270 Meg hard drive, and a standard VGA monitor.
I would like to try NetBSD on this machine in X11 graphical mode.
My question is with 4 Meg of RAM is it possible and if so is the
swapping bearable?   If more RAM is required does NetBSD use both
ST/TT RAM together or is it segmented like under TOS?

	If my current setup is not sufficient I also have a
14 Meg Falcon, no FPU, with a 80 Meg internal IDE hard drive,
and a standard VGA monitor.  With 14 Megs of RAM can I do without
a swap file to save space on the 80 meg hard drive?  Any help/comments
are appreciated.

						Thanks.

--
					Fred Horvat