Subject: Can't mount a zip disk
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Sienicki <mike@cpdist.com>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/07/1998 13:26:41
Hi,

I have tried just about everything I can think of to mount a zip disk.
NetBSD knows
about my SCSI ZIP drive (SCSI ID 1) so it's not a hardware problem.  I can
install
other hard drives and do an "edahdi", etc. on them and make them into a FFS
file
structure, but, not a ZIP disk.  I know that the drive and disk are ok
since I have
moved them over to a PC for tests to be sure.  I shouldn't have to reformat
the zip
disk to make it into an AHDI compatible partition to make it mountable (I
don't
have the software tools to do this anyway).  If NetBSD does not support
mounting
an off-the-shelf ZIP disk, then please tell me what needs to be changed or re-
written to make this work.  You guys have done so much to provide such a fine
operating system for the Atari CPU's and that this stuff takes time to
develope
(like being able to format disks in NetBSD), but, if there is something I
can do
to help it along then let me know.  8^)

I have a pretty good understanding on how disk structures are set up, but,
I need
to come up to speed on the MSDOS file system.  I have had some experience
playing
around with the Atari's format and some other obscure types.

--Video Mike--