Subject: RE: Unknown disk type: zip
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Sienicki <mike@cpdist.com>
List: port-atari
Date: 11/04/1998 22:49:59
I made an entry into the disktab file exactly like the one Michael Brandt
told me
about and now I no longer get a complaint that disklabel doesn't know what
the zip
drive is, but, I still get the following:

# disklabel -w -r /dev/rsd1c zip
Warning: Illegal 'bad sector list' format- assuming non exists
Warning: unknown disklabel format- assuming empty disk

I also typed the following to see what would happen (even though I probably
goofed up
the MSDOS format on the zip drive by doing this) and here is what I got:

# newfs -i 16384 /dev/rsd1c
Warning: Illegal 'bad sector list' format- assuming non exists
Warning: unknown disklabel format- assuming empty disk
/dev/rsd1c:     196608 sectors in 96 cylinders of 64 tracks, 32 sectors
        96.0MB in 6 cyl groups (16 c/g, 16.00MB/g, 1024 i/g)
super-block backups (for fsck -b #) at:
 32, 32832, 65632, 98432, 131232, 164032,
read error: 48
rdfs: Undefined error: 0

Do you have any clue as to what might fix this?  The disk that I tried this
with is a
brand new ZIP disk (and not a TOOLS disk).  Maybe I should take it to a PC
and reformat
it with ZIP Tools to clean it up for another try.  By the way, I am running
V1.3H the
latest snapshot.

Any ideas are of course appreciated.