Subject: Re: miniroot from new snapshot
To: Mike Sienicki <mike@cpdist.com>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/18/1998 13:51:05
On Fri 18 Sep 1998, Mike Sienicki wrote:
> Dear NetBSD,
>
>      I can't get the 1.3H kernel to load the supplied miniroot from the
> "snapshot/installation/miniroot" directory.  I first used the GZIP.TTP to
> extract the miniroot from the gzip file and then used the rawwrite utility
> from V1.3.2 to make the miniroot disk.  I formatted a high density disk on
> the TT and typed: "-Hv d:\netbsd\miniroot.fs" in rawwrite's dialogue box.
> Drive D: is my second TOS partition.  Should miniroot be 1105920 bytes in
> size after extraction?

Yup (120 * 18 * 512).

>      To start the new 1.3H kernel I typed -b a:\netbsd from LOADBSD.TTP
> All I can get is a recalibrate error.  Do you have a clue?

The 'a:\netbsd' part is probably the problem. I guess you downloaded the
ATARITT (or GENERIC) kernel and the miniroot. What you should do is unzip
the kernel. Now type:
    -b <whatever the unzipped kernel is called> from loadbsd.ttp

When the kernel asks for a root device supply 'md1' (or 'md1a', I'm not
sure). This should tell the kernel to load the HD-miniroot.

Leo.