Subject: Snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/17/1998 09:30:41
Hi folks,

I have been planning this for a long time now, but now it's really there ;-)

Take a look at:
    ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/atari/snapshot/19980905/

You will find a full binary set and a bunch of new kernels. You can install
this snapshot by following the 'Update' section of the installation procedure.

Please start upgrading by trying a kernel and miniroot first! Just to make
absolutely sure the kernel works correctly on the hardware you have. When
the new binary sets are installed, there is no (easy) way back to 1.3.2.

This snapshot is _newer_ than any 1.3.x release. In fact, this snapshot is
per definition somewhere halfway 1.3.x and 1.4.

The HADES & FALCON kernels are built using Manual Bouyers new ide-code. Which
means that ATAPI is now really working. The down side of this is that it's
not easy to build custom kernels because there is no 'ready-to-use' patch
set available. Drop me a mail when you are planning to do this (and really
need ATAPI of course).

I'd like to thank Julian Coleman for putting the bulk of the snapshot together.

As usual, please try it out and speak up in case of problems or nuisances.

Have fun,

Leo.