Subject: Savecore error?
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Sienicki <mike@cpdist.com>
List: port-atari
Date: 09/09/1998 13:00:07
Dear NetBSD,

After compiling a new custom kernel for my TT I am running into a couple of
errors.  Upon bootup with the new kernel I get the message:

checking for core dump...
savecore: can't find device 0/4
Sep  9 12:38:55  savecore: can't find device 0/4
starting rpc daemons: portmap.

I can duplicate this by typing "savecore -c" after the prompt.  Is the system
looking for something that isn't in the kernel.  Did I omit something that I
shouldn't have in the kernel source?  It didn't do this with the original
BOOTX kernel.  Gee, this stuff is fun (really) :^)>

Under the kernel options, what would be a safe ST_POOL_SIZE to use if I am
not using a resolution greater than TT medium?

Thank you for your assistance,
Video Mike