Subject: Re: Zip Drives
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: None <Christian.Peppermueller@rzmail.uni-erlangen.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 08/26/1998 09:22:29
Hi,

 On Mon 17 Aug 1998, Mike Sienicki wrote:
> Howdy,
> Is the Zip Drive currently supported under NetBSD V1.3.2?  I know that the
> system
> does recognize the drive, but, I am unable to mount an msdos partitioned
> Zip disk.  I think that the system was complaining that the disk was
> lacking an
> appropriate partition.  How can I partition this disk to be compatible with
> the system.  Am I lacking something?  Is there yet any way to format a Zip
> disk with either an FFS or msdos format?  Dying of curiosity.

I'm using the ZIP drive with disks formatted by HDDRIVER 7.
This (TOS-) hard disc driver formats disks to be both compatible to
MSDOS and TOS.
Mounting of those media is done with
mount -o -G,rw -t msdos /dev/sd0d /mnt
(my ZIP is the first SCSI device, so it is called sd0).
Perhaps those mount options could do the trick?

Sorry for my late answer,
Christian