Subject: Re: More on se0
To: None <leo@dachau.marco.de>
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 08/16/1998 11:12:19
Matthias Pfaller wrote:
> In the meantime I tried a newer kernel on my spare pc532 (the one with the
> EA412) and it still is working ok. But the tree I was building from isn't
> really -current, it is about 4 weeks old.

Thanks.  Hmm, I wonder what other architectures (if any) this problem occurs
on - it looks like a problem in the MI code but is it really?

> Sorry, but the only Atari I have is an old 260ST and I haven't turned it
> on for years... A TT is missing in my collection.

Oh well.  I don't think I've ever seen a _260_ ST!

> Sorry, no. You have to use SCSI_NOSLEEP. Both, se_ifstart and se_recv
> can be called from an interrupt context. sleeps are not allowed here.

Of course.

What's the normal course of events after information_transfer() is called?
Should control return to scsipi_execute_xs()?  Is it safe to block SCSI
interrupts for all this time?

    1024/55A5BC19        0F 3F 62 56 18 10 8B 84  43 8F F4 94 93 37 76 AA

S.E.P.