Subject: Re: se0/DDB/ser0
To: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 08/04/1998 23:14:49
Leo Weppelman wrote:
> Normally, they are not difficult to produce. The makeing of them requires
> some disk-space for:
>     - the -current sources
>     - the object files
>     - a complete NetBSD installation
>     - the resulting tarballs
>
> and patience... On a TT030 a flawless build takes about 2+ days...

I've got enough disk space.  I'll see what I can do.  The last build I did
was 4 hours for the kernel, 61 hours for -current.  I think it was
fractionally slower without UVM.

At the minute I'm just having a problem with -current not seeing the
Crazy Dots card.  When I've got that sorted and (hopefully se0 too),
I'll see about uploading a snapshot.

Having grabbed the tar files from last weekend, I see that I can't `config`
a kernel - the isipnp stuff doesn't need including any more.  There was also
a problem with atari/bus.c, but I see it's now fixed :-)

*** /usr/src/sys/arch/atari/conf/files.atari.dist	Wed Jul 22 12:15:20 1998
--- /usr/src/sys/arch/atari/conf/files.atari	Mon Aug  3 21:46:21 1998
***************
*** 148,154 ****
  # ISA Plug 'n Play devices
  # IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THIS IS INCLUDED AFTER ALL ISA DEVICES!
  # DO NOT MOVE IT!  (Thanks, The Mgmt.)
! include "dev/isapnp/files.isapnp"
  file	arch/atari/isa/isapnp_machdep.c	isapnp

  #
--- 148,154 ----
  # ISA Plug 'n Play devices
  # IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THIS IS INCLUDED AFTER ALL ISA DEVICES!
  # DO NOT MOVE IT!  (Thanks, The Mgmt.)
! #include "dev/isapnp/files.isapnp"
  file	arch/atari/isa/isapnp_machdep.c	isapnp

  #

> What I usually do is building a complete system using DESTDIR. This allows
> you to work without overwriting your current tree. A drawback is that you
> need the extra space of a complete installation to do this.

I don't think I have enough free space :(  When I can get rid of xsrc ...

> I think you will have to (cd /usr/src/share/mk; make install) without setting
> DESTDIR to get your makefiles up-to-date before moving to /usr/src and
> typing 'make build'. From than on, it boils down to periodically checking the
> makelog and fixing some small lossages that stem from the fact that you are
> building from an 'old' system.

Yes, there are a few things that need to be done first.  If anyone wants the
list, let me know.  It's not a very long list.

> The ISBN: 3-88745-888-5
> Original title: ATARI ST Profibuch
> Writers: Hans-Dieter Jankowski, Dietmar Rabich, Julian F. Reschke

Thanks.  I'll see if I can order it here.

    1024/55A5BC19        0F 3F 62 56 18 10 8B 84  43 8F F4 94 93 37 76 AA

S.E.P.