Subject: Re: se0/DDB/ser0
To: None <port-atari@netbsd.org>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@klondike.dachau.marco.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 08/03/1998 18:15:54
In article <199808021434.PAA28545@aire.ncl.ac.uk>,
	J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk (Julian Coleman) writes:
> Hmm, trying to get se0 (Cabletron EA412 SCSI <-> ethernet adapter) to work.
> I can ifconfig it OK and even ping it from another machine.  However, if I
> try and use it, the machine locks up (typed characters appear on the screen
> but that's it).  Is there any way to drop into DDB when it does this?  Some
> ports have a key sequence to do this.  I can't see one for the Atari port
> though :(

You can stress the machine a little bit more by using "ping -f". If this
works without locking up your machine, you must have a different problem.
When your machine is locked up, can you still ping it from the other
machine?

Matthias

PS: I'm using a EA412 in one of my pc532s without problems.
--
Matthias Pfaller                            Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-41