Subject: Re: se0/DDB/ser0
To: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 08/03/1998 15:53:32
On Mon 03 Aug 1998, Julian Coleman wrote:
> Leo Weppelman wrote:
> > The sequence is: ALT + LSHIFT + F9. The drawback is that this will not work
> > when something is looping at high priority. Given the fact that there still
> > appear echo's on the screen this shouldn't be a problem. [ when it does
> > _not_ work, drop me a mail, there are work-arounds ;-) ]
>
> Aha!  Thanks.  Could you add this to the DDB man page?

Done.

> You mentioned snapshots a while back.  Are they easy to produce?  I could
> build one and then drop it on my machine at work.  It's no problem for me
> to upload because I have a QIC drive both at home and at work.

Normally, they are not difficult to produce. The makeing of them requires
some disk-space for:
    - the -current sources
    - the object files
    - a complete NetBSD installation
    - the resulting tarballs

and patience... On a TT030 a flawless build takes about 2+ days...

What I usually do is building a complete system using DESTDIR. This allows
you to work without overwriting your current tree. A drawback is that you
need the extra space of a complete installation to do this.
I think you will have to (cd /usr/src/share/mk; make install) without setting
DESTDIR to get your makefiles up-to-date before moving to /usr/src and
typing 'make build'. From than on, it boils down to periodically checking the
makelog and fixing some small lossages that stem from the fact that you are
building from an 'old' system.

> [*] Looking at them now - they're more software dev docs than hardware docs.
> Does the Profibuch have hardware docs?  Is it still available?

The Profibuch has hardware docs of the TT (no Falcon or Hades). You could
send a mail to Sybex. I can lookup the ISBN number for you.

Leo.