Subject: Re: NetBSD Atari V1.3.2 Install.
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 07/08/1998 08:38:45

maximum entropy wrote:
> Make sure you have built and installed the most recent version of config(8).

Just to add to this.  The NetBSD development tree is the -current one.  So,
if you pull down -current, you will get the latest sources.  At irregular
intervals, binary snapshots of -current are build for some architectures.
There are also formal releases, e.g. 1.2, 1.3 and patch releases, e.g. 1.3.1,
1.3.2.

Generally, it is not possible to directly compile all -current sources on
a formal release, without compiling and installing some of the build tools
first.  In this case, you need to compile and install /usr/sbin/config to
be able to build a -current kernel.  You may find that compiling -current
userland also requires compiling and installing other tools (e.g. lint,
gcc, ld, make).

If you want the sources that are related to your release, get the 1.3.2
source sys.tar.gz - this will compile and install with no additional work
on 1.3.2.  If you want to upgrade to -current, continue with the -current
sys.tar.gz.  Hopefully, there will shortly be a step-by-step guide to
upgrading from 1.3.x to -current on the NetBSD web pages.

    1024/55A5BC19        0F 3F 62 56 18 10 8B 84  43 8F F4 94 93 37 76 AA

S.E.P.