Subject: Re: TT030 Serial ports
To: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
From: chris_gray <ep71@bcs.org.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 06/27/1998 13:05:27
> > Maybe that would be a suitable project for a future rainy weekend (of
> > course we don't get many here in Belgium ;>).
>
> Yes, why not. If I recall correctly, there are some handshake lines missing
> too. Meaning that it's functionality is more or less limited to serial mice ;-)

Precisely. :) I'm using Modem2 for my fax modem (at 76800 bps! :>), and I
thought Serial2 would be great for a link to the Falcon.  If I used
Modem1 for a mouse, I'd have no useful serial ports left ...

> A project for _after_ my holidays is an refurbish of a pc-mouse to an atari
> mouse. Thomas once posted a kind of how-to quite a while ago. I don't like
> to do this the easy way (like Julian :-).
>
> PS: It won't rain in Belgium for the next 2 or 3 weeks - I'm going on holiday
> near the river Semois ;-))

Lovely area - hope we both have good weather.  (I'm way up in Antwerp).
It'd better not rain tonight or tomorrow either, because I'm taking part
in an outdoor opera production ...

Best wishes

Chris