Subject: Re: Atari tty-ports - again
To: chris_gray <ep71@bcs.org.uk>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 04/29/1998 22:02:01
On Mon 27 Apr 1998, chris_gray wrote:

> I'd be happy if I could get the "LAN" port on my F030 to do anything at
> all.  Using the same cable that I use to connect my Newton to a PC I
> don't seem to have any connection at all: not using pppd, but also not
> using a terminal program at the remote end and cat(1) on the F030.
>
> Any ideas?  Mysteries of Apple cables, or something missing in my NetBSD
> config?

Since I don't own a Falcon, I can't be of much help :-( I wonder if you
are able to determine if _something_ happens on that port. I mean, by sending
some kind of pulsing pattern to to port, you should be able to tell if
something happens on the transmit line. This way, this problem can be
narrowed a bit. I see this pop-up every now and than on the list without
being solved. The one thing a know for sure about the implementation of this
port on the Falcon is that the definition of the clocks are pure guessing
(that's why I don't trust the baud rates).

Leo.