Subject: New on NetBSD/atari
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Leo Weppelman <leo@wau.mis.ah.nl>
List: port-atari
Date: 04/23/1998 13:08:01
There has been quite a lot of changes to the atari port lately, so I decided
to write a litte summary ;-)

   - There has been a complete redesign of the atari bus_space stuff. For
     those with an Hades, this can be very interesting! Most of the generic
     drivers for pci and isa cards should now work "out of the box" or with
     very small changes. Examples are the adaptec_2940/pci and teles_16.3/isa.
   - I submitted the i4b patches for the atari yesterday. I tested ISDN on
     a teles_S0_16.3 card.
   - The CrazyDots driver from Julian is now part of '-current'.
   - We now use the MI wdc-driver. It should now be possible to use ATAPI
     devices (If you test this, let me know the results!).

A word of warning for Hades users:
   There seem to be some weird instability problems on the Hades pci-bus. I
have them and so has Thomas. I do my best to provide feedback to Medusa
systems and to help them solving the problems. There are regular updates on
the Xylinx chips to provide solutions or enhancements.

Leo.

PS: If someone is willing to build and upload snapshots on a somewhat regular
    basis, please let me know.