Subject: NetBSD on Falcon - SCSI or IDE?
To: None <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: chris_gray <ep71@bcs.org.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 02/12/1998 11:26:16
Hi all,

I've just got my Falcon back after a long period in repair, and the first
thing I want to do is to install NetBSD 1.3!

With 1.2 I had some problems which were thought to have to do with Falcon
SCSI, so now I am asking myself: would I do better to install 1.3 on the
IDE disc, and then use the SCSI for TOS only?  (Both drives are ca. 1GB).

For any other platform I'd always recommend SCSI over IDE, so I'd rather
stick that way, so long as it works.  (So far it's working: maybe the FX
was causing timing problems, who knows).

So: can anyone say anything particularly good or bad about Falcon SCSI
under NetBSD 1.3?

Cheers

Chris