Subject: NetBSD 1.3 and X11
To: (NetBSD port-atari) <port-atari@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Brandt <mike@zait.uni-bremen.de>
List: port-atari
Date: 01/07/1998 00:44:58
Hi,

I've been following the recent discussion on X serevers and in combination with
NetBSD 1.3. This raises a few questions for me.

I am currently running 1.2E with X11R6.1 and Xdaniver. This works very fine
with my TT-high monitor. When switching to 1.3 I would also like to change X11
to release 6.3 sooner or later. And now the questions:

- Will Xdaniver work with R6.3? If so, does it support everything belonging to
  6.3 or are there any problems?

- Does Xdaniver run on 1.3 or must anything be changed?

- What would be the best starting point to compile X11R6.3? Shall I use the
  original sources, Xfree86(68?) or the source tree which is available with 1.3?

- Is there any alternative to Xdaniver for a TT in TT-high resolution?

Greetings

Mike

Hiroshima 45 - Tschernobyl 86 - Windows 95