Subject: Re: 1.3 installation and some questions (long)
From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
List: port-atari
Date: 12/30/1997 21:29:25
Leo Weppelman wrote:
> Just a nit; maybe you should have provided the INSTALL-doc on request. I'm
> glad you took the effort though ;-)

Apologies.  I should have.  I wasn't sure if I'd be back online before
the release date.  I forgot to mention that I put '%%%%%%%%' around the
bits I was unsure of.  Also, it'd probably be nice to have a list of the
Atari-specific supported hardware (shouldn't be too long).

> I never tried this. It was a 'feature' already present when I adopted the
> miniroot install for the atari. I usually use ftp or gemdos-partition.

Well, I just thought I would try out the tape option and see how well it
worked.  Presumably no-one will try it from an Exabyte (I noticed that
mine wasn't recognised by the install kernels)!  I didn't have a network,
so I could only try disk and tape.

> At some point, yes. I'm wondering though if the 1Mb limit isn't going
> to be a show stopper. An alternative is dropping support for 4Mb machines...
> Also moving to another installation procedure is not on top of my todo-list ;-)

Ack!  I hadn't thought about that.  Is anyone running on a 4MB machine at
the minute I wonder.  Is it possible to run anything useful in 4MB?!

When the current deficiencies in sysinst have been worked out I'll have a
look at it if you like.

Thanks,

    1024/55A5BC19        0F 3F 62 56 18 10 8B 84  43 8F F4 94 93 37 76 AA

S.E.P.